Thursday, November 16, 2006
I'm finally finding my Christmas spirit for this year and I started working on possible designs for our Christmas cards. I need it to be something that I can replicate easily, as I'm going to have to make 30 or more, and something that can hold my daughter's annual Christmas picture - and of course, I want it to be cute.

This is the first design I tried tonight. I have a couple more in my head that I want to try out but I really like how this one came out. I took acetate and cut it to 10x7 so that I could fold it into a 5x7 card. I cut the base sheet of black paper to 4x6 (so that I could "hide" the picture on the inside of the card). I used a circle punch and just punched out black paper for the buttons. The buckle is a grey designer paper I happened to have on hand cut into a square and I cut a slit to fit the belt through. Then I used a needle to track around the belt, stamped the tree with staz on and stamp the merry christmas message in versamark and then in green. There are little details that's hard to see in the picture, like the holes for the buttons - I used an eyelet setter to make round divets to mimick a button.


Posted by saucygoat at 9:05 PM |

0 Comments: