Sunday, December 10, 2006
I made glitter ornaments. I really wanted to make the reinker ornaments like I've seen on SCS. But, I don't have any reinkers. None. By accident I found on hgtv.com how someone did similar ornaments with varnish and glitter. So off I went to create. Here are the ornaments. They will be gifts for coworkers and some family.



Speaking of gifts for family and friends. I'm making personalized mugs and wine glasses. I'm nearly done with the mugs. For those we're giving mugs to I'm making a set of four mugs. We're doing a set of 2 wine glasses and a bottle of martinelli's sparkling cider for the other gifts. Here is an entire completed set of mugs.



Okay, the details: I bought the glitter and varnish paint at Joann's. I took the clear ornament and I put some varnish in it, made sure it was completely covered and let the excess drain. Then I poured the glitter into the ornament and shook it to cover it completely. And ta-da!
For the etched glass mugs I stamped the image with versamark and embossed the image. Then I used etching cream and etched it. To etch the name on I used alphabet stickers. I keep the etching cream on for half an hour because when I did it for the 15 minutes it said on the bottle it just didn't look good. It looks very crisp and clean when I leave it on for a long time.

Posted by saucygoat at 8:56 PM |

0 Comments: