Tuesday, April 10, 2007
I'm having a good crafting mojo week. I have bursts of time where I'm just "in the zone" craft-wise. And other times, not so much - but we won't talk about that. ;p I love these times where I could just craft all day long and ideas just keep coming. It's fun.





I found this super cute flower at Walmart today - a pack of 2 for less than $1. Of course, I had to get it, and I had to use it tonight. The background is Pretty in Pink (SU) stamped with Crosshatch Background (SU), "wish" (SU), and a candle (TAC). The crosshatch was stamped with Brilliance pearlescent Orchid. Wish and the candle were stamped with Baroque Burgundy (SU). On top of that I layered a designer paper (the company name is escaping me right now), which is punched with a corner punch that is wrapped in ribbon, and a circle punch - to reveal the wish and candle. And, of course, there is that nifty flower!

I did a father's day card for my grandfather last year that I really liked. You can see it here. I decided to revisit that design and wanted to see if I could improve on it. This is what I came up with. I stamped Artifacts (SU) randomly with Brilliance pearescent Rust. I sponged Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Chocolate Chip on it, and used Creamy Caramel for the edges (all inks SU). I added a blue ribbon and a vellum layer (with Birthday Wishes (SU) and Chocolate Chip on the edges). All of this is layered on Basic Grey designer paper.


Posted by saucygoat at 9:53 PM |

1 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
Hey these look beautiful...thanks for sharing them...it was wonderful going through your post..and well i've also posted a few resources for birthdays over at my blog on Birthday Greetings so drop by sometime and check out all that i've posted there....and while you're at it do share your thoughts!!!