Sunday, January 13, 2008
Vacations are so relaxing and so nice when you are on vacation (or at work thinking about vacation), but it always feels so good to be back with your own stuff. You know what I mean? Here's a card I made today. I'm trying to get back into the crafty swing of things.


Stamps are TAC; paper is Chatterbox.

Meanwhile, please have patience while I catch up with all my SCS2 sisters' blogs. It may take me a couple of days.

Do any of you have resolutions for 2008? I have a few. There are a lot of the same - eat healthier - type of resolutions. But I also want to send all of my family and friends handmade (by me) birthday cards. You mean I don’t already do this? haha. No. I have a very long list of family/friends and it always looked too intimidating to conquer, but was always in the back of my mind. Since I don’t buy cards because I make them myself, this is actually a goal that I have been wanting to set for myself since I started seriously crafting about 5 years ago and I’m finally diving in and trying it out. Yesterday I started trying to gather everyone’s birth dates on my calendar so that I can keep track and spend time making a card, made especially for them when their birthday comes around. EEK!! I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into, but I'll see how it works out. All you lovely ladies knows how much love goes into making a card, and that it can take time, which is why I haven't tried to set this goal for myself until now.

Posted by saucygoat at 5:53 PM |

23 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Becky G said........
So glad to see your back! I hope your vaca was fun a restful! Your card is beautiful! Love how you have the stamped image seperated!
My only resolution is to organize my time better. My days are too fractured and I don't accomplish much!
Good luck on sending your friends and family cards! That sounds like a great goal!

Your SBS2 sistah,
Becky
 


At 10:08 AM, Blogger Catherine said........
What a pretty card! One of my favorite color combos, too!
 


At 4:57 PM, Blogger kathleenh said........
Pretty card! I know what you mean about vacation. It's good to go but it's good to get back too.
 


At 7:15 PM, Blogger AnnMarie said........
Welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful time! : ) Love this card! Very pretty! I know you can stick to your resolution! One card at a time...one birthday at a time! Hope you are doing well!
 


At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lori said........
Welcome back! That is such a beautiful, elegant card.
 


At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hope you had a great one! This card is very nice.
 


At 6:44 AM, Blogger L.A. said........
Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation. The card you posted is very elegant. Love the colors!

Lori SBS2
 


At 6:28 AM, Blogger Michelle Pearson said........
Welcome back!
Nice layout on the card!
Good luck on sending out your cards....I'm already late on some and we're barely into the year...yikes!!!!
 


At 6:57 AM, Blogger ScrapMomOf2 said........
Nice card. My goals is to stop buying and start using what I have!
 


At 1:47 PM, Blogger LaLa said........
Hey, how was preschool today...wasn't it her first day??
 


At 11:26 AM, Blogger Marilyn said........
Glad you're back - hope you had a great vacation - I've always said you need a day or too to recover form your vacation from our vacation! Love the card you created - and the sentiment is so nice - great job!

Your SBS1 sister
 


At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
welcome back! very nice first project after vacation :D
 


At 6:31 AM, Blogger Bonnie said........
Glad you are back safe and sound! I always need a vacation from my vacation! What a GREAT resolution! I have no will power so I quit making them!! Your card is sooo very pretty!
 


At 11:31 AM, Blogger Betsy said........
Welcome back! I've missed you! Good luck on the Resolution. It can be intimidating, but give it your best shot. I don't buy cards either!
 


At 6:09 PM, Blogger Alhambra Club said........
This is so pretty, love the way you cut the image into three's
 


At 8:02 PM, Blogger Misty said........
What a beautiful card.
Misty
 


At 5:54 AM, Blogger Tina said........
Welcome back and thanks for comments.
The card is very pretty!
 


At 6:59 AM, Blogger Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn said........
Aaah, a vacation. I would love to go somewhere again. I was just in Palm Springs earlier this month and would love to go back to some place warm and sunny:))

Very nice card!

Your SBS2 Sis,

Lynn
 


At 6:17 AM, Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said........
Gorgeous card. I love the way you have it laid out: so original & the sparkliness. And you're not alone. I have a very hard time keeping up with sending out cards. Great idea for a resolution! :0) Mel
 


At 12:26 AM, Blogger jenn* said........
this is so pretty! LOVE that background paper! glad you're back!
 


At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I am right there with you on wanting to send cards to everyone this year. I agree it is not a small goal, but you will surely feel great about accomplishing something that will make so many others smile :)
 


At 10:45 AM, Blogger Maria said........
Welcome back! I love your elegant looking card! It's very pretty!

I have a similar goal to send family and friends cards once a month. It is a daunting task but I think it's achievable and they always love receiving the cards because it's personal!!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria (Stampin Inspirations)
 


At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
This is so pretty! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!!!