Thursday, February 28, 2008
My whole family has been sick with the flu. Ugh! We seemed to take turns with it, first my daughter, then my husband, then me. Finally, it seems to have left the house. Now I can get back into the swing of things.

Here's what we did for Valentine's day. I am so excited because my daughter just started preschool and now I get to do all those crafty gifts I've been dreaming about.

As craft happy as I am right now, the one thing that I don’t want to do is overtake the project. I do want my daughter to have a part in it. We had her write her name on all of the princess valentine’s day cards that she picked out. Then she got to pop the popcorn. Daddy made the chocolate, and she helped drizzle the chocolate on the popcorn. Then I put the popcorn in the bags and tied them. My daughter helped to stick the cards on the bags to finish them off. Voila! I think she did wonderful for her first gift craft for the kids at school, and most importantly, I think she had fun. Here’s how they turned out:


Of course, mommy had to have a valentine's day project too. For my coworkers I altered the mailboxes from the dollar spot and made felt fortune cookies to put inside the mailboxes. The felt fortune cookies were surprisingly easy. I made 60 of them in a couple of hours. Inside the fortune cookies I stuck little fun facts about Valentine's Day and love.



Posted by saucygoat at 10:02 AM |

15 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Becky G said........
Those Valentines treats look yummy delicious! Love your mailboxes and fortune cookies!
 


At 1:16 PM, Blogger AnnMarie said........
What great projects! Super cute! That is a ton of fortune cookies! I am sure everyone loved them! :)
 


At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hope you all are getting better. We're in the same flu boat. M had to go home early today because she got a fever again. Ahhhh...

Your projects look so cute though. I love the mailboxes. Aren't they the cutest thing?
 


At 1:43 PM, Blogger Michelle Pearson said........
Glad you're better....I'm hoping we're done with that nonsense for the year too!

That popcorn looks yummy....cute valentine idea!!
 


At 4:38 PM, Blogger Crissy said........
Glad your family is on the mend! It's been going around, that's for sure! Your valentines were adorable, both for your dauther's preschool and your co-workers!
 


At 8:29 AM, Blogger kathleenh said........
Fun Valentine projects! It's great that you are making sure your dd has a hand in the projects for Valentines. I have a tendency to take over for my kids. lol. I like the felt fortune cookies. I've never seen them done in felt.
 


At 6:30 AM, Blogger L.A. said........
Glad to hear the flu has flown the coop! We were hit in early January. The Valentine's projects are great...love the calorie free cookies as I'm sure your co-workers did.

Lori SBS2
 


At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sara Henton said........
Glad you guys are feeling better!
 


At 11:12 AM, Blogger Catherine said........
She's back! Glad to see it, and glad you're all on the road to recovery!
I love these projects!!! The mailboxes are great, but the felt fortune cookies really take the cake! I'm totally going to borrow this idea - great for those watching their weight!
Hugs,
PaperAddict
 


At 6:07 PM, Blogger ScrapMomOf2 said........
Great projects! How fun!
 


At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Those felt fortune cookies are just adorable!
 


At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I am so glad to hear your family is well on the mend! I has been a rough years for colds and flus.

Your daughter did a great job on these, I have no doubt that they were a big hit :)
 


At 10:23 AM, Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said........
Two incredible projects. Just stunning! I love that you let your daughter be such a big part of them. And for the grown-ups, those mailboxes and fortune cookies are ultra gorgeous! :0) Mel
 


At 10:29 AM, Blogger Godchick said........
cute idea with the fortune cookies!
 


At 2:39 PM, Blogger Crystal Ware said........
I sure hope everyone is feeling better! These mailboxes are just too cute!