Sunday, March 16, 2008
One of my resolutions for this year was to send a birthday card for everyone's (family, friends) birthday. A couple of weeks ago I decided to add onto that resolution (which is going okay, by the way - although I have had to keep going back to my previously made cards rather than continuously making brand new cards) - I want to send all the mothers in my life a mother's day card. My mom, my gramma, my sister, my aunts, my mother-in-law, my sisters-in-law, friends who are moms. . .the list goes on. I never realized how many moms are in my life. We'll see if I do well on this if I decide to do the same for father's day. :)

I got a head start on the many cards I will need this weekend. This is my favorite one. For Christmas I got this card making kit from an Aunt. It had die cuts of different shapes, cards, and envelopes. It really wasn't my style, not that I didn't appreciate it because she thought about how I like to make cards and that's why the gift, it just wasn't my style. BUT, there was this awesome die cut dress in it. The dress is probably the only thing I liked in the card kit, but after this card I think it's worth it.


supplies: dress (card kit - don't have the name of it); stamps: sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly!), line stamp (fiskar's); red paper (TAC), designer paper (Me and My Big Ideas), vellum; glitter brads; ink Brilliance Graphite Black, Versamagic Jumbo Java

Posted by saucygoat at 7:33 PM |

16 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Crissy said........
Cute card! That dress is adorable! That's a big task for you to take on, all the mother's in your life! I am sure they will appreciate it!
 


At 8:52 PM, Blogger Alhambra Club said........
This is so pretty, love how you did the Dress.
 


At 5:31 AM, Blogger ScrapMomOf2 said........
I love that idea to send cards to moms that are in your life! This card is very cute, and I love the dress die cut! Great job!
 


At 8:30 AM, Blogger Catherine said........
Oh, I love that dress! She's gonna be so happy to receive this!
 


At 11:37 AM, Blogger Maria said........
Wow, very pretty card! The dress is pretty enough to wear!! LOL! I have the same resolution but I've been pretty bad in sending out my cards on time. I'm always behind. Uggghhh!!

Maria
 


At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I need to have a resolution like yours. I am so bad when it comes to actually sending the cards I make. This card is really cute. I'm sure it'll be greatly appreciated and cherished.
 


At 11:02 AM, Blogger Godchick said........
cute dress on the card!
 


At 9:26 PM, Blogger Michelle Pearson said........
Wow! Good luck on your endeavor!!
 


At 6:12 PM, Blogger Betsy said........
That dress is cool, love how you used it. See, a true stamper can work with any supplies!
 


At 2:51 PM, Blogger Crystal Ware said........
Very cute card. I love the dress. That is quite a task for you. I wish you luck with it!

Happy Easter!
 


At 8:57 AM, Blogger L.A. said........
This is really sweet. I really like the pattern on the dress and the velum adds a nice touch!
 


At 10:15 PM, Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said........
What a super sweet dress. That resolution makes for a LOT of cards! Happy stampin, :0) Mel
 


At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
It really is very cute!!!
 


At 8:32 PM, Blogger AnnMarie said........
So far this one is my favorite! : ) Nice work! Having a ton of moms makes you a lucky girl! Good luck keeping that resolution! I know you can do it! : )
 


At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
How pretty! love the dress!!!
 


At 5:13 AM, Blogger mel m. m. mccarthy said........
This comment has been removed by the author.